Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh My Gosh........

Why am I not packing?

Today has got to be the day or I will be doing carry on only. Not a bad idea but then if I do any shopping
you have to worry about where to put it or buy another suitcase to get it home. Half the case is "just in case" things......medications and food stuff. We always anticipate illness and hunger. Must speak to our culture.

My ears are all blocked up due to a recurring sinus thing and last night Beth wasn't feeling up to par. Oh no!!!
Am praying for both to resolve.

We leave on Thursday for the mainland, specificaly the 1pm ferry. Have opted to keep the girls out of school that day so we aren't as stressed and can do last minute tweaking of our bags in the morning.

We are over nighting, as mentioned, at a hotel near the airport.
Probably won't sleep. I always think I will sleep in and miss the plane.
Being a night shift worker lack of sleep is no problem for me but the girls are another story.
They are pretty excited.

Isabel and Derek are going into the city to spend some time with BIL and his wife. Isabel told me last night she is happy to have Emily all to herself! Beth and Grace are a tad miffed that they will be in Vancouver and not see their beloved cousin, but I think we should just chill that evening.

I think I feel a little bubble of excitement building in me too!!

1 comment:

Jo said...

I'm excited to follow along on your journey! Wishing you safe and happy travels!

Jo