Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Three weeks until Beijing...........


I can hardly believe how quickly time is flying by. Last week I had our Visa photos taken and submitted the applications...tick.
This week I will lay out the suitcases in the guest room and begin to gather what we need....tick. I have done this four times now and am not anticipating any difficulties with the fifth. I feel quite cosmopolitan actually.

I had coffee a couple of weeks ago with a woman here in town who is going to China with her 13 year old son, 5 year old daughter and her husband. She had found our last China visit blog and had followed Isabel's return trip. Coincidently she is one of the sponsors of little Rose at the Starfish Foster Home where we volunteered in 2008. She and her family will incorporate a stay there on this visit. I tried to give her a few pointers to facilitate a good experience for her family.

We have arranged to meet for dinner in Beijing and will go see the acrobat show together on the 14th. I expect we will be ready for some R&R by then. What fun.

I am stealing myself to meet all these new little ones. Once you fall in love with them it is hard to say goodbye and they are always
there in your heart.

I have heard from some supporters and some adopting parents who found out we are going and have asked us to deliver packages and supplies. We are trying to arrange that.

The girls are getting excited and I am quite looking forward to the adventure. I am hoping their Chinese will be of some use and that they at least, will get some practice using it.

Wow.........21 more days.
If anyone has any inside knowledge on sights, restaurants, shopping in Beijng we would appreciate it if you would like to share.

I gather our duties at the Foster Home are assigned so we will have a schedule and it will include down time where we can do some fun things too. The girls need to get the big picture.

Stay tuned.

2 comments:

mncfi said...

I am excited for you that it is so close now. Please hug sweet Sofia for us. She is our sponsor kiddo, and I dream daily of bringing her home. Please tell her we love her and that she is just perfect. And that we pray daily for her. She's only little and won't understand much but I'd love for you to whisper it to her anyway. We pray she's in a family soon. ~ Fi

The Turgeon Expansion said...

I saw you commented on my blog, thanks. Congratulations on your travel date, that's so exciting!!!