Monday, January 26, 2009

Check out the ticker.......

Holey moley............30 days!!! That is one month!!!!!!!!
Can't believe it.

I will be back in China almost exactly one year from our last visit. Never would have imagined it.
At the same time I am so glad to be going. I am beginning to feel pretty comfortable with this independent Asia
traveling. Feel like a big girl now!!

Mostly I feel like I am doing what I am supposed to do. What I promised I would do and that is bring my girls back to the land of their birth. Their homeland. They may not appreciate it now but it is a gift and I am so happy I am able to do it. If we do none of the touristy things I just want them to know China on some level. Just as observers even. Soak it in.

Last year when I was there with Isabel..she was just turned 12 then....she said "I know I am Chinese Mum and I know this is where I was born but it isn't my home. My home is Canada." I said "I know Isabel but this is a part of you and I hope it will have some meaning and that it will be the first of many visits. They won't be with me probably,but maybe with your sisters or with friends." It is a big reason why I have insisted they take Mandarin all these years. I have a strong feeling there may be more of a connection down the road.

I know there was a kinship to the children at the Foster Home. We still feel it today and continue to follow the little ones we knew and loved there. Happily this past year has been awesome and of the 21 kids we met an astonishing eleven have found forever families. Miraculous.

Two died. But they died with some dignity and kindness and were cuddled and kissed at the end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you found me!!! Beautiful blog, I am happy we can follow each others journeys this way. The girls are gorgeous as ever!! 30 days!!!! you lucky girl!!!

lyndsey said...

Ahh Norma..... thanks for the love. I am hoping there is some gold at the end of this crapshoot!! I can't believe you are off on another adventure so soon!! That is so cool....then you will have to retire!!! Get out of that hole we called work. And enjoy every minute!
Love back atcha
Lynds