Sunday, January 4, 2009

Visas.........

Got the forms and I think I have some photos around here. One month and 3 weeks from today.
I am hoping it is not too cold in Beijing. I hate the cold which is why we moved to the west coast.
Excepting this year it is supposed to be the warmest place in Canada.

Feeling some anxiety about the trip but I am sure that will change as we get closer. Beth and Grace are
a little less tranquil than Isabel and a little harder to entertain. We shall see. Soon I will email Hope Foster Home with
our flight number and arrival times. They will be picking us up at the airport which on the map is not very far away.

I am perusing maps to get an idea of the lay out of Beijing. It would be nice if we could get around some on
our own. Maybe use the subway instead of cabs. Not because of the yuan involved but just to experience some local flavour.
Maybe not...........I am still brain storming.

I had printed our e-tickets and had a heck of a time finding them. What a relief when they turned up in a handy dandy
folder I had started. I am also hoping all the money we have spend on Chinese school all these years will pay off
and the girls will be able to talk to someone or interpret for poor old Mom. Guess we will find out. Isabel could understand
some on last years trip and at the end, sigh, was beginning to feel a little more comfortable trying out her chinese on the locals.

I am hoping we can do some shopping while there. That has never been a favourite pastime of Isabel's so I kept it to a minimum in March 08. Beth and Grace aren't as particular so might enjoy exploring the markets. We will be mindful that
we are on a budget trip and keep it light.

I am going to begin making an itinerary for us. This will depend on what they want us to do at the foster home. I am told we
will be given a detailed assignment so I am pleased about that. So far want to see of course, the Wall again but not sure which part. The Forbidden City.........chose not to on our adoption trips. Would love a banquet at the summer Palace. It was a highlight in 2001 and I never got to explore there and wanted to. Will take the girls to the acrobats one night for fun.
The rest we will see. I am hoping we hook up with some of the other volunteers because it is always nice to do that.

So the wheels are turning. I am happy to be fulfilling the promise we made to China to bring the girls back one day.
It is a debt long overdue and we are ready now.

No comments: