Sunday, March 1, 2009

Day One.......Beth.......




Yesterday we took two planes. The first one was 2 hours and the second one was eleven hours. I hate flying! It was eleven endless hours, I must have watched " the boy in the stripped pajamas" ( a movie) about a dozen times! I was a pain to Mom and Grace and in the end I slept on the floor. When they announced that we were landing I silently screamed thanks!!!! that we were landing. At that point I was nauseated from the plane ride and tired. Grace was the worse though because she didn't sleep at all and was just plain tired.The airport was HUGE! It was so big that you had to take a train from place to place! An half indoor half out door train! I had to carry three bags. One for my clothes, one for the plane and one for my school books and homework that "cough" Miss Pearson "cough" gave me.

The apartment we are living in is awesome! My Mom's room is giant and we get a kitchen and living room.

The children are adorable and I am ashamed to say that I do have a favourite and her name is Jade. The first one I held was Gabriel. When we were given a tour we wandered into a room with some of the kids. Gabriel saw me and leapt into my arms when I bent down to say hello. He was adorable and he followed as down the hallway waving and laughing until we left the corridor.

Today Is Sunday and we went to mass. IT'S FREEZING COLD IN THERE! We were warned that it would be but I didn't expect this. After mass Mom,Grace,Kate(the nine year old daughter of the owner) Molly-the Doc-,Jason-a volunteer-Rose- a medical assistant-,Mona-a nurse- and Tina- also a nurse. As the first meal in China you'd think we'd go to a Chinese restaurant, but we went to an Indian restaurant. It was good.

No comments: