Thursday, March 12, 2009

Thursday.......Day Twelve.....

Fairly quiet day as Grace has stated. Preschool, playing and lunch then homework and some down time.
I worked on the scrapbook of a little boy who is fostered in the village. His parents are coming to adopt him on March 20th, the day we leave. Hope they like the work I did!!

The home is expecting a couple of new arrivals on Saturday so we will be moving out of the Chapman's big apartment and into a
twin bedded room with a cot just around the corner. The new group is large and needs the space. The second group I am not sure about but think they will be in a room like ours and beside us. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. It might be fun to have a
bit of a shake up. We will move our food to a communal kitchen near the computer area down the hall and up another staircase at the opposite end of the Home. There is a TV here and a cozy sitting area and no doubt we can make ourselves comfortable there.

We had a loaned stash of DVD's and have been watching a movie every night before bed with some snacks.
Beth had read her book before the first week was out and Grace also only brought one book. If not playing with the kids, they play outside or with Katie, or on the computer or Nintendo and they have done homework everyday with two days off each week. I am reading some good books. We have occupied our time well.

Most of the time we did our own dishes and tried to keep everything tidy but it was nice to have our laundry done everyday and I wonder if that will stop. If it does I have laundry detergent and access to the machines so I will manage. I am unaccustomed to having any kind of "help" so I am okay with doing for myself.

As Grace said..........a quiet day. We walked so much yesterday we are a little tired.

No comments: