Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday.....Day Fifteen.....

We were up early to get ready for Church and were a little fatiqued after our night out. Our ride home was like passing through Las Vegas. They like their lights here!!!! Probably in bed for 10pm........our latest night yet.

The new folks were up and about and we met them briefly. Loved the teenage girls. Shades of things to come.
After a stop at Starbucks, we were off again. Must say I like drinking coffee in Church and the girls have taken up
tea drinking here. Big girls now!!

Enjoyed the service done by the youth group this morning and an inspirational talk by the Youth Minister. It was timely and helped me sort out some of the feelings I have here in China about wealth and guilt a the big picture.

We are helping here. By smiling at the kids and sitting with them. In hugs and kisses and cuddles. Even in scrapbooking.
In smiling and saying "Ni Hao"to the nannies and cleaning staff. Trying to talk to them. Letting them know we aren't that different.
I wish they wouldn't clean up after us or do our laundry. I would tell them if I could, but it is expected. It is their job. We are
obsequious in out thanks yous. Our driver is so kind and protective of us. Without him we would be lost.......literally.

At church we were given the definition of theology. It is faith seeking understanding. Just what we are trying to do.

I haven't a clue about what China is or isn't. Everything I write is probably wrong. I ruminate. It is my nature. It would take many years of living here to understand some things.

China is part of God'd plan and while I am here I will try to open my heart and just listen.

Actions show what our beliefs are and prayers work.

We are enjoying it all.

No comments: