Thursday, March 5, 2009

More of Day Four.......

Check out you tube for the slide experience!!!! so mu
ch fun!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfU6U5YFDgE







This is where we were today. It is a section of the Wall at Mutianyu...a less touristy part.

I can hardly explain what a perfect afternoon it was for us. It was more felt than anything else.. Like I had the hand of God on my shoulder the whole time we were there. It felt miraculous to me. The weather was beautiful....cool and crispy and sunny with lovely blue skies and puffy white clouds and small patches of snow here and there. Everyone we met was happy and smiling and helpful. If you ever get to walk the Great Wall of China come on an early spring day and come in the afternoon. For the most part we were the only people walking the Wall. The girls were laughing and running and exploring. I was basking in the sun and in awe the whole time. It was my third time and almost eight years since last I was there. That time Grace was 4 and had the worst temper tantrum ever and I carried her like a football UP all those stairs while she screamed in Chinese who knows what to any one who passed us.

We took the cable car up and that was fun. After about an hour walking mostly down, but also some pretty steep uphill sections we came to the slide down. It looked a little scary but don't miss it!!! I went first and was followed by two girls who were doubled over with laughter and giggling the whole way down and that is what I heard as I whizzed down the mountain from the Great Wall of China. If that memory doesn't stick with them I don't know what will.

At the bottom you have to work your way past some pretty serious sales people but today we all got along well and had a good time bartering. Grace bought a scroll with panda bears for her room and Beth bought a small, colourful wooden China doll.
Our entire trip cost $70 and worth every penny.

I enjoyed the trip there and back also. It is interesting to see some of the country side and how the people live. We pasted many small cities and villages. A spectacular day!!!

No comments: