Monday, March 2, 2009

Day Three.......






Beth and I are feeling decidedly more awake and rested today although Grace is still lagging a bit. We are beginning to set ourselves a routine. What has been assigned to us is fairly easy. One and a half hours of preschool in the am in a designated, well stocked playroom. Actually it works well for the little ones who get to come. They keep the numbers down I expect because they get very little one on one time and this gives them that. Beth and Grace were very good with the kids. We put on music, and made towers, did puzzles and chalking and bubbles. They were a big hit!! Everyone seemed to love dress up too. The children for the most part are very well behaved. They have English names but don't respond to them so I think somebody forgot to tell them. The chinese names are beyond me and I am kinda sad I won't know them all by name. They just adore the extra attention and will break into beaming smiles when they see us. I could take a dozen home tomorrow.

We were also asked to do some scrap booking. I will try to do two or three pages a day. I guess these are a chronicle of the children's days here at Hope, given to the adopting parents. I maybe the first volunteer fired from this chore as it isn't my favourite activity nor the girls. Happy to help where we can.

This afternoon we are tagging along when the driver goes to pick up Kate from her International school. I need to go to the bank and the shopping centre for more snacks and some groceries. I am arranging a trip to the Great Wall on Thursday after lunch. Exciting.

It has been grey and cool the last couple of days and looks dreary and dusty outside. We are planning an evening walk.

No comments: