Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Wednesday....Day Eleven.......

What a day!!!

By 10am we were getting ready to leave for downtown Beijing to see the Forbidden City/ Tiananmen Square.
I was upstairs talking to Robin, the director, and two ladies passed behind me . They weren't Chinese I noticed but
was deep in conversation so didn't really pay them much attention. Dr Joyce poked her head round from her office and said
"Did you see Kirsty?"

Here is one of those little miracles that happen so often to me.

Kirsty is a Canadian who has lived here for over a dozen year, I think and is a teacher at an international school. When I was adopting Grace who was almost 4 at that time, I met Kirsty over the internet and she invited us to visit on our adoption trip. She had a little girl, also adopted, who was just Grace's age. We spent some happy times in Kirsty's home, here in Beijing and it was soothing for Grace to have someone who spoke her language and told her everything would be alright. The girls played together just like children anywhere in the world would. Kirsty also brought us to Hope for the first time. Her school did fund raisers for the Home. Who knew all these years later Grace and I would be back and Kirsty would walk right by us!! Talk about timing.

I had asked Joyce about her when I arrived and she said she did see her from time to time in the community but it was only by chance she was here today. I had long ago lost contact when we moved from Ontario. She is sponsoring a little boy and had brought him for Dr Joyce to see. I flew down the stairs and just caught her. She lives in a hutong by the Llama temple and I am hoping we can meet next week when we go into the city centre to the Summer Palace. Her girl is 12 now too.

I was happy to give her a hug and to thank her again for her kindness to us back in 2001.

No comments: