Friday, March 13, 2009

Saturday.......Day Fourteen.......

Hello regular digs!




Goodbye big apartment with your very nice moon gate doorway!


This morning I awoke at 6am after a better nights sleep. We read and breakfasted and then were up and moving our things from the apartment. It was way too big for us anyway but I did like having our own kitchen. So now we are in a standard twin guest room with a cot for Beth......she lost the draw but probably better than the mortuary like slabs that past for beds in China. I have mine padded with any extra blankets I could find! It is still hard!

All of our food is in the canteen in an area with fridge, little oven, toaster and all the things one needs to prepare meals. It will do.

The girls are out biking and getting some sun and fresh air. The babies have all gone for a walk in their strollers with the nannies. It is a bright, sunshiney day and will be 12C with tomorrow hitting 17C. Wonderful spring.

This afternoon we are going into Beijing to meet friends from home.........such a small world. We will have dinner with them and then go and see the acrobats. The kids should enjoy it and I was pretty impressed when I saw them too.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz4LKiJZsdY

Our friends are doing a tour and then going on for a week in Xian at Starfish. Jennifer is a doctor who has a specialty in cleft babies and I hope she is able and allowed to help. She wants to very much.

Here I haven't made the same connection to the children I did at Starfish. I am not sure if that is because there are so many more or because they have Chinese names and I can't personalize them as much or that we don't spend as much time with them as we did in Xian. I am not sure why the disconnect but part of me is okay with it. Maybe I won't go home and think about them so much and worry that they don't have families and wonder what is in their future. Not sure it is the same for the girls because they seem very attached to the kids and seem to know them better than I. I am thinking in the future when they are in high school or university about them coming back for a month or so in the summer. By then, of course, it will be there decision.

I will update on our day with photos tomorrow. Take care friends. Thanks for all the emails.

No comments: